Friday, September 25, 2009

Two Units----Tehama Fair and Road Trip

Olivia and I made it as far as Kingman, AZ as we work our way to Paris.....Texas. In the mean time Jim, Miles, Vic Jr and Amelia performed three stage shows at the Tehama Fair in Red Bluff, CA.
They tell me that the first show was shaky due to a bad combination of incompatible sound equipment. But that was all fixed by show two and both show 2 and 3 went very well with many compliments.
As for Olivia and i we had a great time on the road. It was a relaxing drive but we did have a scare when a dash light came on....oh, no! After all the trouble with the Chevy I was sure this one was going down. But there was no strange noises, no loss of power. I consulted the handbook and called my dealership back home and discovered it may had been bad gas. In Barstow (home of the best donut) I bought the best gas possible. And walla! The light went out. So if you are in Kingsburg, CA keep away from the Arco gas station.
Gas prices in cali are outrageous. Just 9 miles into Arizona and gas was a whole dollar cheaper.
(better quality too!)

No comments: