Monday, February 1, 2010

Magic Castle 2

Slept in today...and why not we ran a late night last night enjoying a very robust and well attended evening at the Castle. Lunch saw us at a soup and salad place and dinner was at the Castle...very classy!
Since my traveling buddy, JC once apon a time lived inn the area we visited his old digs and met some of his old neighbors. He was overwhelmed when we arrived onto his old street. In fact, he stood in the middle of the street with his hands on his hips staring and pointing and telling me about who once lived here and who once lived there. I had to shout at him several times before he realized he was in the path of the truck. Getting over a pretty bad cold JC had a tough morning and had to rest quite a bit throughout the day. He seemed to improve as the day went on. His excitement about being here was apparent in his non-stop reminiscing.

The famous TV magician from the 1950s-70s, Mark Wilson was at the Castle tonight teaching classes in the Inner Circle room...area for members. We chit chatted with him quite a bit. I bought one of his illusions from him a few years ago. A number o other famous people within magic circles were at the Castle tonight...Shoot Ogawa, Chuck Jones, David Accer, David Minkin, Gold Finger and Dove, and many others. Though in general it was a very quiet night and unlike last night it was easier to get into shows. JC and I did some performing for lay people as well and brought a few smiles out. After all the castle should be a complete magical experience. One couple were turned away from one the only show that filled up a full room tonight so JC and I did a few things for them. It was a lot of Fun.

Only disappointment was a buddy of mine from the Discovery shoot a few months ago was supposed to show up but work held him up and he couldn't make it. The embarrassing thing was he called while I was in a show and I thought my phone was on vibrate...it wasn't I rushed to get it turned off...first time I've blushed in a long time.

Tonight was also the once a month time for potential members to audition for the board and hopefully become a member. The main bar area was packed with folks from the yuong (21+) to the middle aged waiting to be judged on their skills. You could feel everyone's nervousness.

Though we left at 10:45 two hours earlier than yesterday I am more tired today and look forward to the sleep. I miss my family but I must admit the hotel is quieter than home.

No comments: