Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Magic Castle 3 Homeward Bound Thrills

What a night. I didn't expect a Tuesday night at the Castle to be as wonderful as it turned out to be. We saw most of the act last night but I just had to see Dand Minkin's act on more time. His creativity is fabulous. I was joined by JC (of course) and Gentry Stanley the producer we worked with on the Discovery project a few months back. Gentry was looking good and healthy and dashing in his suit. I was surprised to find out he had worked with David on an MTV show a few months ago.
We also caught other acts but David's was once again the highlight, though Chuck Jones' act tonight was even better than it was last night.
The thrill of the night was to meet fellow Scotsman, Ron Wilson, long time Magic Castle entertainment director, president and many other titles. Though I am 300 years removed from Scotland my ancestry is my pride. We hit it off. With him was Milt Larson, the architect. He was the man who took the once 6000 sq ft house and turned it into 22,000 sq ft. He designed and built the place over the years adding this and that from various mansions, restaurants, schools, etc to the walls, tables, whatever at the castle. Being a handy man myself we clicked and spoke of various handy man things. Irene Larsen, founder of the castle, Bill Larsen's wife, was there looking as good as she ever did. She loved my stories about my children performing in my show and we hit it off well. She even shared a very funny joke with me that would be out of place in this blog. I learned so much about the history and lore of the castle as well as a few secrets and lost secrets (which I will write about later....not magic secrets mind you).
I have a long drive tomorrow so I will end here for tonight. Though I much more to add and photos to boot.

No comments: