Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tough Crowd

I have to confess we are almost always blessed with good crowds. It's rare to find a tough crowd for us. But tonight we had a tough crowd. Me, Miles and Princess Amelia performed for a Rotary Group that had nice things to say after the show but was a very weak responding crowd through-out the performance.
It's hard to perform for those kind of crowds. Most Rotary groups have greeted us most enthusiastically but tonight wasn't one of them.
Everything went pretty flawlessly and the pace of the show was good. After the show we had quite a number of compliments but wow did we have to work to get to the end of the show.
These types of crowds are hard on a performer because we feel like we are messing up some how. In fact, tonight it wasn't until I messed up on something that I got the endearment of the crowd. I was going to close with a math-mentalism trick and I screwed up. I'm blaming it on my cold medicine. ;-)........since I blew it I took out a rope and "as punishment" I had a member of the audience tie my wrists up hard! I made sure he made my fingers turn purple. I then Had the audience check the knots and the tightness as well as the purple fingers. I explained I was raised Catholic and since I blew it on the last trick I needed to suffer for it. It won over the crowd and got a great response. I guess proving I was human by messing up endeared them to us.
Oh well. Life goes on. By the way...I scaped from the ropes in less than a second!
You can't say I only report the good stuff on this blog...if anything I am blatantly rough on myself as well as complimentary.

No comments: