Friday, April 8, 2011

LA Spring fair Day 1

The day started with my alarm clock beeping an me unable to turn it off. I had set three (the hotel's, my mini one, and my phone). I kept hitting all the buttons on the hotel one only to discover it was my mini one...then the phone one went off. Technology! At least I was awake. And as if to mock the weather men the sun was shining in spite of all the warning of bad weather. Well, that lasted for all of an hour or two. Then the clouds rolled it and it sprinkled a few times. Nothing heavy. But the cloud cover kept the warming rays of our solar star from warming tera-firma. Then the wind whipped up and put an end to trying to run our full 70' banner line. I also reddened our cheeks, chapped our lips and froze out tushes off! Thankfully we got most of our stage and equipment set up before the weather turned on us.
During set up we were called up to the VIP area for a press conference where they introduced us and I went to work as showman introducing each of us where we each did something camera worthy. Olivia and Buttercup garnered the most attention. I think it was her silly smile. Back at our stage KABC news showed up with the camera and filmed us setting up and practicing.
We pretty much spent the whole day at the grounds in spite of the show not starting until five. It turns out not only were we letting another act use our stage. it would turn out we were letting two acts use our stage and our sound. News to us. Then one of the acts was moved to another part of the grounds and the whole scheduling became a mess. But the three (acts) of us worked it all out and it turned out all good in spite of the low audience numbers due to the COLD!
I heard from a childhood friend, Gordon Wong, who lives near here. He and his family will visit us this week. I can't wait.
I will share more details of today and pictures tomorrow. But it has been a long day and a cold one and I grave the bed.
Good night all.

No comments: