Monday, July 20, 2009

Olivia Makes Butterflies Appear

There are so many beautiful butterflies around Beech Bend Park and in particular there are a million large yellowish-green chaps that are really easy to catch...Olivia has caught two by hand. We decided to add the little guys to the show. She made four appear from an empty tube...then they flew off out past the audience and back into the wild.
The weather was spring like. The audiences were awesome and so were sales.
After chasing kids around and riding rides, playing in Splash Lagoon, and the day's warm can zap the enthusiasm out of an audience. We have to deal with "dead" audiences from time to time. I came up with a great idea today (note my modesty), in fact, I would say it was pure genius. Understand that being in Bowling Green we are very near Tennessee. So half our average audience are Tennesseans; the other half Kentuckians (with a few from other place around the country and world; Had Romanians in the audience at one show today). So I told the crowd that my sons think that Tennessee folks made a more enthusiastic crowd that Kentuckians. "But I told my sons that I think Kentucky folks make better audiences. So we have a bet. We are going to be watching and seeing who is really the better crowd. " I then take a poll of the crowd to see which ones are form Tennessee and who is from Kentucky....then the competition begins. It's hilarious because every time I sense them tiring out I just mention the "bet" and they go nuts. No dead or even slightly sickly audience since.
Laundry occupied the morning.
Victor Jr took his first ride on the Kentucky Rumbler, a very nice wooden roller coaster. It's one of the top ten wood coasters in the world. Then he and I rode the Shock Drop...you sit in a seat with your feet dangling and you slowly are lifted up a very tall tower. You can't see the tower so you have now idea when you are going to drop....then you are dropped and fall and fall and fall until you are slowed by shocks of some type when you are eased the rest of the way down. Victor loved it.
Picked up so prime grade A choice mice for the snake tonight.

No comments: