Tuesday, July 12, 2011

118 to 78 in 15 minutes---Several of us Report today's blog


The day started hot and reached 118 degrees on the heat index...100 degrees + the humidity. Then at around 3pm the clouds ominously creep-ed in and then it opened up and in 15 minutes the temp dropped from 118 to 78!!!!! Refreshing but the lightening closed the parks pools but forced them into our show shelter. We had a captured audience and even after it stopped they stayed to watch the ending.
Cousin Brandon and Jim did their official presentation of their acrobatic comedy routine. I have some video of the practice sessions and will post it soon.
The night skies are awesome right now as God is putting on a great light show off in the distance.
The only sad part of the day is I missed out of the last show due to a back spasm 5 minutes before the show started. I took my muscle relaxer and pain pill and set to office work while reclining in the van. Jim ran the show and did a pretty good job...I will post some video from that too later.








Hey, this is Miles, and today has been crazy. So today I woke up and did the usual wake up routine but when I went outside I knew it was going to be a crazy day. It was HOT and HUMID!!!! We all got to the park and then us strollers had to go welcome people into the park when it was about 90 degrees outside. Fun! After torturing thru that we did three magic shows. But the cool thing was that midway thru the second show it started raining and it wasn’t as hot anymore. Thank you God! Well anyways after the shows we went on some rides and then piled into the van where we headed back to the hotel. And that completed my day.


Jim report:

Today was hot. It was a cruel heat today and when we arrived at beech bend in the morning to stroll, I was already sweating. In my lovely stilt walking outfit (nicknamed "the mongolian princess" by the crew) I walked up to the front gate and crowds of people poured through the gate with a smattering of Hi-5s to me and corny jokes and high times from me. The three of us at the gate performing (cc, miles and I) decided to cut our time there short considering that we were melting and pouring down sweat as we greeted people. Honestly, I was growing weak at the knees by the end of it. Anyway, we got to the stage and the crew practiced new routines and experimented with new ideas. I started to put together a new act involving ladders and insanity. (is there any better combo?)
The first show went off as it normally would. Nothing to comment about there. On the second show we had massive amounts of rain pour down un the ground and the captive audience flooded in. Branden and I went over the routine just before that show and perfected it with the help of father. During the show the routine went off without a hitch.
Before the third and final show of the day, father gets a back spasm and I get the lovely job of directing the show, which suprisingly did not fail. I mean to say that the audience enjoyed it and laughed and love it, but I personally thought it was not as good as it could have been and the backstage crew definitely felt the lack of the classic leader leading the show in the impossible to replicate Victor Kent style.


Cynthia Report:
Ummmmm......so I woke up and ate this morning. Apparently getting up fifteen minutes early helps a lot. Anywho, it was really hot today. When Miles, James, and I went strolling we had to return early because we were really hot. The humidity was yucky. All the shows went fine. Not much to report in that department. After the heat warnings of the day we got thunderstorm and flood warnings. It also became pretty cool. It was nice when all the heat was gone. Then daddy got a back spasm so we had to do the last show. Not a huge deal but it went okay. After the last show James went strolling and the rest of us went on rides. Fun stuff. Dinner at the hotel was amazing with beef stroganoff ( I hope I spelled that right) and broccoli. Then I played some cards. That is all. The End.

No comments: