Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot and Potter



It was Hot today. Index of 106 degrees. We all sweat like rain as we performed. Just for fun we mixed up the show plan for each show keeping everyone on their toes since they didn't know when they would go on until the last second. Crazy~
Afterwards we came back to the hotel and downed some pork chops then hit the cinema to see the new Harry Potter Movie. 99% green screen and special effects. Capped the whole HP thing so I am glad for that. Never really was a fan but the movie was fun. Even Titus went and had a great time. Public forums like that really aren't his bag but put a giant "TV" screen in front of him and he was entranced.
Since I went out instead of doing office work when I got back I don't have much to offer in the form of videos or many pictures...sorry. I will make it up to you next time.
Mami surprised us with a little cake thanking us for our hard work.
Reading the news I am amazed that California even exists anymore. Wow, the social junk they are passing, the taxes, the lunacy, it makes me not want to come back. Let alone raise a family there. We are now taking donations to buy a house out here. Paypal me upto $1 Million dollars....smaller donations acceptable.
Keep Cynthia's wrist in your prayer...it has been hurting for several months now and is still hurting. Also Nick's Shoulder. He has been off the trap for a couple of days. I think he and the audience would love to see him up there again. He is a hard worker and I don't think he likes being grounded.
We are a strange family. We believe in old values unlike those seen or even acceptable by the average person today...we a biblical....or try to be (frail and foolish mankind that we are.) We home school our kids, try to raise them in the Bible, try to resist the world's values, push to be the best performers and people we can be. Temptations of the world are around every corner. We all want our selves to be first but know that that path is a dangerous one. People compliment us on our behavior, our show quality and kindness. But I know even with all that we come short. I am shamed by the kindness and large hearts of my friend's like Bill Jackson, JC Dunn and even Midori. They put others ahead of themselves even if it means they do with out. They would give you literally the shirts off their back if you needed it. They would suffer if it meant you would benefit. God bless these people who put a face on Jesus every day to remind me of my short comings and that being a good person , a really good person, in His likeness is possible.

1 comment:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

We always enjoy seeing your performances when you come to Beech Bend. You are such a talented group. Kentucky would be lucky having a family like you here. I just did a blog about our kids being in your show yesterday. Check it out sometime, and thanks for entertaining us www.tiffanymomof3.blogspot.com

We, too, are a biblical family--my husband is actually a minister here in Bowling Green. You are welcome to attend our service anytime you all are here -or- if you simply need some locals to hang out with and let the kids play. Thanks again.