Thursday, July 7, 2011

News and Friends visit















Also see the blog before this one it shows that we were on the front page of a second paper today as well... the Times Tribune.
Cynthia had a number of friends visit her today. Her track Coach, he breakfast buddy from Berea and four dorm friends each showed up today. They added extra spice to the audience too.
Her is a miracle: In yesterday's blog I wrote about the destruction of our awning on our RV. The vinyl itself was fine but the support arms were destroyed. I went to the local RV shop today, now remember this is London, KY and the lot sits on less than an acre of land. I went in with hopes to get the arms but all they had were the various brackets. So I figured I would just buy the brackets and pound out any bends in the arms and at least be able to keep the awning on the Rv until I can get to a bigger town. Wouldn't you know it they were short one bracket I needed. So the sales guy ( a really knowledgeable college aged kid who impressed me since my run in with that age group has been disappointing recently (not counting the kids traveling with us), went back to the service department to see if they had one laying around. A few minutes later he returns with awning support arms for the exact model and year of my awning. He explained that they don't normally keep these in stock. They had complete awning sets but not just the legs or arms or what ever they are called. These were sitting in a corner and had been there for years. They were brand new just years old. They were so old they weren't even in the computer for a price. The kid went to the owner and the owner said to sell it to me for half the price they sell for since they were sitting around so long and would be still sitting around for years to come if I didn't take them. AWESOME! PTL!
So Nick and I went to the grounds and installed them later in the day. Nick was a lifesaver... I could not have done it alone.
On another note we made the front page of two papers today. I linked one of them below and have included a picture of the other. One of the fair guys, Tony, gave me a copy of the one I took the picture of.
I was also given a mason jar of "Apple Pie", a homemade drink famous in these parts. Tastes like apple pie....with a little kick...but you don't taste the kick.


The weather held today...no rain. But there is a big storm over MO right now that looks to be heading our way. I am a little tired of this. But we rolled the awning up and have the show spiked down better so hopefully it will be fine. Or better yet, hopefully it will break up and miss us all together.

No comments: