Monday, July 11, 2011

Opening Day Beech Bend Park

The heat index hit 115 degrees today...no kidding and it felt every degree of it! Boy did we sweat! Thank goodness the park gives free fountain drinks all day long. We all lost at least a gallon of water over the course of the day. We are in our air conditioned rooms now but the humidity and heat of the day still rests heavy on my mind and body. Tomorrow is supposed to be similar except there is a chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. In a way I say, "bring it on".
We did three shows today and actually had three pretty good sized crowds in spite of the heat. I will take pictures of our set and some changes we have made tomorrow.
It was so hot that two of the three mice I bought for Buttercup died while I was in Wal-mart for 10 minutes. The van got that hot. Luckily freshly dead mice are fine for Buttercup. Too much info?
Cousin Brandon and Jim have been working on an acrobatic comedy routine and they showed it to me. I liked it so I had them do a practice run in front of the last audience and they crowd loved it. I suppose I will have to video tape it for his ma and pa to see.
Mami and Titus stayed at the hotel today and will do the same tomorrow. Neither one would do well in this heat.
Maybe it's the heat or the lack of fluids in my body but my brain turned off....just got in from shopping for supplies and it is still 90 degrees out there....it's 10:30PM!!!!

No comments: