Thursday, July 28, 2011

Plymouth County Fair Day One...record crowds.

We are here and we are set up. Even though the fair didn't start for us until 4pm we got to the grounds around 11 am and the big kids went to it (by it I mean setting up.) The little ones stayed at the hotel and did homeschool. Mami was proud of Victor because he really did a good job as teacher for Olivia.
Meanwhile I did office work in the RV then running around getting supplies.
I know , it's not a glamorous report tonight.
However, some cool things did happen.
First on the not so cool side. It was a bad back day for me and I had to stay on pain pills for the day. Those soft hotel beds are killing me so I am back at my comfy "just right" bed at the RV tonight.
Now for the good. Our friends from Waterloo, IA, Vaughn and Eric, drove the 4 hours here to visit with us. It is always good to see them. They are staying with me in the RV tonight. They helped a lot with the tear down tonight and with the sales with the large crowds we had.
All three shows were packed. But the third show was overflowing standing room only. One fair board member told me it was the largest crowd they ever had at this stage. We broke a record. Cool!
James added a stunt that got tremendous crowd reaction. He took a hundred pound park bend and balanced it on his chin. The crowd really did go wild...it was cool.
All three shows, like I said, was packed and boy were they happy crowds. It didn't matter what we did the crowds really seemed to love us. PTL.
Cynthia made a great stir fry for dinner since Mami stayed at the hotel today since there was a 50% chance of thunderstorms....didn't happen.
Oh, and it was very nice weather wise. Sure there were a couple of hot humid moments but the clouds kept it from getting too hot.
I will post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: