Monday, May 21, 2012

Angel

Ok, the only this post is called "angel" is because I am writing it as I listen to Sarah McLaughlin's "Angel". I am hoping CC will sing this year on tour. I think it is so very touching. It reminds me of a 'seeking" so desperate for God's comfort...if found will only bring comfort.
In the past she has expressed no desire to sing it because the SPCA used it for that sad abused pet commercial.  I hope this year she will relent.
Those of you in the know I have been suffering one of my worst back spams in years. So bad that I visited the doctor.  That means there were further complications than just the spasm. But I am not ready to share that yet.  I am happy to report that I seem to be improving, finally!  I am even thinking of giving the Penny Farthing a try tomorrow. To My mother, I can only say, sorry, I am still going to try..
With less than a month for tour we are so under prepared. The three week spasm, the heavy kids' schedule, James' work, Miles' Senior year, etc have all contributed to a slow start in preparations. Say a prayer for us. 
This year we have to figure how to keep the weight down so we don't ruin a transmission like last year. Also with gas prices ware so high any extra weight will kill us. Not that we aren't going to get a black eye from BP, Shell and the government. But what can we do.  Send your gasoline card donations to :********
With God's help maybe we will break even. 

Still I love my job. It is driving me crazy that we aren't on the road yet.  There is a peace on the road that doesn't exist at home or any place else. Having the family along makes is even nicer. I know they are all growing up. But in the fashion of olden days it would be so wonderful to have several generations of us traveling together bringing fun and love to the people. 


No comments: