Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

OK, we don't celebrate Cinco de mayo, but then again, Mexico doesn't either so I guess we are in good company. But we did have a pretty cool day.  We awoke to find out we made the front page  of the local paper.... in spite of our failed attempt for Jim's world record...we will try again next week...here is the link: http://www.orovillemr.com/news/ci_20555404/keeping-his-chin-up-attempt
Then Mami the three little ones, Miles and James went to "Walk for Life", a fundraiser for the Pregnancy Resource Center. Jim and Miles performed at the event and Mami and the kids went on the Marathon across the Dam.
Afterwards Jim visited the 80th celebration of the Pioneer museum where Jim Balanced a few things like the Scythe below on his face:
Afterwards Miles and I went on an 8 mile walk along the Freeman Bike trail in hopes that I could improve my foraging skills ( my hobby is learning about edible, poisonous, and medical use plants. I did find one plant I didn't know:
On our way back we needed to cross the river and the two choices were a couple of mile walk to the main road or the train bridge. So in hopes of not reenacting a scene from STAND BY ME we jogged the 1/4 mile span in hopes no train would show up.
This was right after the jog.

I have to admit my legs were spaghetti by the time I got home....just in time for a power failure.  A warning to you hikers.....poison Oak is really out there this year. The late rains made for humongous poison oak bushes. 


No comments: