Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life is an Adventure

Life is an adventure and a mysterious one at that! Last Thursday, the day before our big kick off show, I had the worst back spasm I have had in over 2 years. I spent Thursday in bed instead of marketing the show to increase sales.
Come Friday I slept late and relied on the kids to get everything to the theater and set up. They are a fantastic group as that is what they did with no need for my supervision.  I was walking around all the way up until curtain time with two canes looking strangely like a giant preying mantis. Shortly before showtime I took my muscle relaxer and pain pill but the pain was still to inedible to go on so I took a swig of bourbon from a flask I carry for emergencies (not drinking emergencies but as a forager it works great for wounds, pain, etc. ). Though still in fantastic pain I did the show and survived. Then after the show I left the kids to clean up and I went straight home to bed.
Now it is late Tuesday night and I got to thinking.  Yeah, my back is still killing me, but my thought was on Mami. She recently has been getting bug bites all up and down her arms,back and a strange rash on her neck.  While I was reading a book by flashlight on Tuesday I decided to shine my light around the bed and to my shock I discovered scores of bedbugs; varying in sizes. I woke Mami and we went on a hunt to kill as many as we could. I did research on them on the internet and today I called the exterminators. it is going to cost a bundle but we have them coming tomorrow.
What an adventure. According to my research the US almost had them eradicated until junk science killed the use of DDT, the only thing know to do  bang up job killing them.  Gosh, I hate the libs that brought about a world wide ban over junk science..

Over the weekend the kids had a fun tea party event at church where they dressed themselves and their stuffed animals up and had a big tea party...here is a pix or two....

Today, as Mami and the gang prepared the house for the inspection, Vic Jr and I drove to the Bay Area to pick up a Penny Farthing....it was called an Ordinary bike until the "safety bike" (those are the bikes we commonly see today) came into being. We thought it would be a fun addition to the show and a great show piece on it's own.

 I should mention the man who makes the bikes also makes cannons.
 The reason the Brits called it a penny farthing was because hte big wheel was like a penny and  the small like a farthing.
Well, I am drugged up as I write this so forgive any typos or incoherent sentences. I'm just glad in this state I did no decide to ride the bike.  Bet it would have made a great picture. 
I see the doc tomorrow.  I will keep you apprised.  Blessings. 

No comments: