Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Mami

Today the love of my life turned a year older than me....grant it, in a month we are the same age again.   Thank you to all of you who called or left Facebook birthday wishes for her.   I am sorry I am still recovering from a back spasm that I could not take her out to dinner. But Amelia took her to Taco Bell and the kids grilled hamburgers for dinner. I am raising some pretty good chefs....yes cooked right Hamburgers can be gourmet.

I was out of it most of the day but we had a little excitement. The electronic steps on the RV all of a sudden stopped working today. Jim and the boys had just finished changing the oil in all the vehicles and as soon as they were done we cranked over the engines (which automatically pulls in the steps; a safety feature.) When the engine was off and the door opened the steps didn't come out. Jim, Me, and Victor spent hours researching lubing, poking, cleaning, etc. We couldn't find a thing wrong so it was either the control board (computer) or the motor.   At one point the steps just came out half way with no explanation. (Ghosts?). Well we did electric tests on the motor and it proved good and called a few folks. Fianlly I resigned that if my back felt better we would go out and get a new control board ($300 or so ) or a Motor $200+ tomorrow.   Then Amelia was just fooling around with the little magnetic switch that activated the steps when the door open and the steps came out.   She told me and after a little goofing around we did it again. Turns out it will probably need to be replaced (for $20/including shipping) but not the gagging amounts of the other parts.   I will try a rewire tomorrow first, but I have already ordered the new switch.  Love the Amy. Even when the rest of us gave up she kept looking.

Not only is Amy a generous daughter who took her mom out and a nice little mini-mechanic, she also helped Miles and Olivia back their mom a cake.

The only thing that made today incomplete was that CC wasn't here. It will take some getting used to not having one of the "Kent Kids" around.   She has spread her wings and left the nest. She has been going through an interview process with a company in DC so keep her in prayers that God puts her where she is needed. CC stopped by the RV yesterday for a few minutes on her way to stay up in Ohio waiting on the DC thing.  Not sure where things go from there or when we will see here again. But she is out of the show now and I a suppose, for her, that time had to come sometime.

The weather out here was warm and fantastic I just wish my back and legs allowed me to go hiking in it today.  Miles has promised to take us to the local pinnacles once my body can handle it. Jim has booked a couple more smallish shows to get us through May and then the end of May we kick into gear. Thank you Jim.   He's a trouper.

Everyone is doing well. Since the tour began Kyle started growing a beard and it is a fantastic looking ginger beard.  He tells us that when he looks in the mirror he can't imagine not having it.  I feel the same about my chops.

BTW Kyle's Birthday is coming up this month.  I believe if is the 22nd.  But I have to double check.

On the funy front Little Girl is in heat and wearing special pants to keep the boys out. It's driving poor little Tator Tot crazy.  So I may need to pick up some pheromone distracting spray for hm. Too soon for another litter.

Today is also the birthday of my late friend, Paul Simoni, a fantastic human, wonderful husband, and he loved his kids like no one else could. He was a gentle giant and one of my best friends. I did not know how hard his death hit me until a year ago when I took his little brother (Now full grown) and his wife to the Magic Castle. I saw too much of Paul in him and was reminded of so much unsaid and got drunk to the point of not remembering much of the night except a lot of tears. I shamed myself, but I only did so because I don't think, in life I shared as much time and love with my dear friend as I should had and the guilt came in the form of bourbon.  The lesson is to live your life to the fullest with the ones you love and never let a day go by that you might someday regret and try to drown away the memories. No I have not repeated the bourbon trip since.   But I raise my glass of water to you tonight Paul and ask for blessing on your soul and your loved ones.


No comments: