Friday, May 16, 2014

Mystery Meat

Howdy......first I want to ask you to excuse me for my spelling yesterday.  Very long day. And I suck at spelling and apparently so does my computer.

Two days ago it was in the solid 80s out hear and a hike up a hill drenched us in sweat.  They a cold front moved in with tornado warnings and rain...lots of rain. Since then we have been hanging out in the 40s.   Wish it would make up its mind.

A cool thing in the neighborhood (when you stay at an RV camp for a long period, or use it as a base, like we do, you make friends.)  A couple here lost their home in the crash 4 years ago and in spite of the man they voted for promising to help them keep their home they lost it.  In a rush they had to find a home and bought an old used RV trailer and moved into the park we are staying at. (This is happening across America, I call them Obama-villes).   Any way they salesman who sold them their trailer was your typical lying SOB used sales guy and they found the RV had a million little and a couple of big problems.  But they persevered and saved and yesterday they bought a nice bigger one with slide outs and all the bells and whistles.   Though I wouldn't try taking it across country it makes a great little cottage for the couple.  I know the guy who sold it to him and he is a solid guy, from my experience, and he did them right.   It's nice to see little things like this.

Our day in general was pretty much normal when we aren't doing a gig. Yet we made it special with a "Mystery Meat" night.  I have done this with my family for years. I buy a meat that I am sure none of us have ever tried, sometimes it is not necessarily unusual, and sometimes its scary.   Mami took the meat I had bought and made a wonderful stew with it.  Tasted like chicken, with a few more bones.  It was good. It was rabbit. Yup, a magician ate a rabbit...don't judge me!  Magician eating rabbit! BTW rabbit is a pretty inexpensive meat...so we saved money and got our protein.     Everyone enjoyed it.  Beat out the gizzards from a month back, as far as Amy and Mami are concerned.

Blessings and I will write again soon.

No comments: