Thursday, May 1, 2014

Shopping and Bugs

Life on the road is like life at home but on a house with wheels. I am so thankful and feel blessed for the new RV but like the house back in Cali, which we only live in for a a few months out of the year we have to pay for that and put up with all the things you have to deal with owning a home....and add to it the problems and maintenance of owning a car. I say that because there was a leak under the sink. Mami panicked but it turned out to me nothing more than two little things: the seal around the sink needed resealing and the catch pipe on the drain was loose from people bumping it going in and out of the cabinet under the sink for stuff.

That aside we had a nice day under wonderful weather. We took most everyone down to Lexington to find Mami an outfit for Cynthia's Graduation. A long time ago back in Cali, during the Fall we found the perfect Jacket for me and she wanted to match so we went shopping. I will post pix of bot of us on Sunday. She hates shopping so I had to pick out the outfit. I swear I must have a partial gay gene because I always pick absolutely fabulous outfits for her. Ha ha.  (If you were offended by my JOKE....get over it and grow thicker skin!!!)

The kids have recently found a bunch of caterpillars around the rv park. They are "tent Caterpillars" and can wipe out the foliage of entire groves of trees. In fact, they eat many of the same thing horses eat so they are no friend to the horse breeders of Kentucky.  They are interesting.  The moth the develop into isn't much to look at. But they are cute as worms.   The spin a layer of silk webbing (tents) as a colony and if it gets cold they retreat to the center of the tent where the layers have created insulation. If it gets warm they  move out.



A Kent Family tradition on the road is to eat spicy stuff and see who can handle it the best. A year and a half ago we bought ghost chilli salsa and brought it with us but have been to scared to try it out. Tonight was fish taco night so we pulled it out.  A pinky taste first by most of us.  The weeded out the ones who would "Go for it."   Kyle and I were the hard core ones.  He had two teaspoons on his taco....so I had to do it stronger. I had two teaspoons straight out of the jar.  Yeah it burned. But no tears and after a couple of minutes a little milk killed the pain....ok, numbed it a little.  Kyle kicked the ground a couple of times during the consumption of his taco and the tears and red face meant milk was in order was well.   But her manned through it.   I think everyone had at least a taste.  Personally I loved the roasted flavor of the salsa and the burn was only a bonus.




No comments: