Friday, May 16, 2014

Quikie

Well, we have gone solid very warm summer back to a very cool winter.....86* to 60* in a day. We had a full day of rain and t-storms (Tuesday and part of Wed. ) We thought we could put our winter wear away...wrong.

May is a very slow month for us.  As I mentioned before we usually don't leave for our nat'l tour until the end of May and do California gigs this time of year. Truth is to not miss CC's graduation I turned down $12K of shows just on the week of her graduation. But it is family and always worth it.  I hoped to have filled the schedule of May with shows but that didn't work out.  Everyone wanted the first weekend in May and one was a 9 day event. But that was meaningless because I had bought an orange suite 12 months ago for $20 at Ross, and my wife and I spent a day and a little bit of money ($15.....we've learned how to dress on a budget) to make us match to attend my daughter, my princess graduate.



I wish I had a lot to report...but it was cold today. I went to the post office to overnight stuff back home for biz. And we went shopping. In fact I found some very special meat for our "mystery meat night". We do this often. This is an animal the kids have never eaten before....none of them, but popular in the south. Tomorrow Mami is making a stew. I will have pix and stories tomorrow. That is truly one of the fun parts of being us and traveling around. We rarely have fast food, we only do unique sitdown joints, and we try lots of local food.  America has so much to offer....the chain stores are killing us.

A heartfelt story....our neighbor who is a long termer here at the RV park got a new RV today. About six years ago she lost her home a believed a candidate show said she would not loose her home. The bastard won the election on lies like that and she lost her home. In a fury of trying to find a way to have a roof she bought a trailer from a low end sails man who had lied about the rig she bought and was screwed twice. Well, today she and her husband , who has to drive a state over and work 16 hour days for 2 weeks then has a chance to come home for a day or two only to do it again, got a really nice fifth wheel RV with slide outs and everything in working order. It was a blessing to her.

On a sad note for us our water hear decided to stoped working today, The control board and the sparker is going to cost us $150 in a month we are making no money. I am not asking for help. I am only sharing the ups and downs of the road. I have ordered the parts and can easily do the work. It just sucks to have it happen on a new (to us RV)....if we were in Cai the place we bought it from would fix it...but they don't do checks.   I am Thankful Jim has partially filled our June with shows and we are booked solid with great shows July through most of Sept.  We do have a tankless water heater for outside use , bought for Titus' showers, but it doesn't connect to the RV.   Life on the road. I should have the new parts next week, but it was all on credit, and I was hoping to get all that paid off this year. Vexing.   TMI, maybe.


ANyway. here are come pix CC posted from grad.......
With my princess....note the cane...day two of a big back spasm.....I would have gone through 100 spasms to be with her that day. CC always got the short end of the stick in our family. Her birthday is in Feb., one of our slowest months, and I rarely had money to give her any great celebrations. Though in the end it would cost us thousands there was no way I would let the family miss her graduation. After all, out of the whole family she was the one that wanted to move on from the show. So I knew this was our last big official harrah together before she began her life on her own.  That is why we left early.  I have to say, if you are going to hole up somewhere Berea is a Beautiful place to do it.   I am just so happy we were all able to be there with here.  Though we spent very little time together, tests, her work, etc., it was worth the time and money and sacrifice to be there. If we had not left early the whole family could not had been there. One thing about us, we are always there for each other and we do it in God's name and leading.  I told my kids from an early age we were not a "normal" family and we will miss out on a lot of worldly stuff, but we will always e there for each other.   And that is how it will always be....I can careless about worldly values, x-boxes, world values, "protestant work ethics, modern morals, and modern living" we are first century Christians. It will hurt sometimes but  it is better than the alternative. 

Graduated with honors from one tough school. 







Jim ...photo bombs.

 Jim and Miles' Best friend, Cameron.

COO, Jim Kent of the Kent Family Circus and Cameron and some guy .  


By the way Jim has amazed us with the turn around in his life. School for him was a place of captured audiences. He has since become the coach for the aerial acts, marketer  and COO of our family circus.  Though he has gone through a stomach thing this week he is doing well..


I forgot to mention that at church this past Sunday Mami won a perfect rose. Maybe I did mention it. She won it for having the most number of kids at church that day. One thing for sure, our kids LOVE going to church. I am not making that up. Just ask them when you see them.
Well, Mami gave that perfect rose to a long termer here at the RV camp. The woman had surgery toady and Mami wanted her to know that she is loved and being prayed for during her cancer treatments.
Gotta love her. I married above my pay scale.





No comments: