Saturday, May 3, 2014

Local Show and Spasm

Well, as you know, if you follow us, we are at our summer (spring/fall) Hq in Berea, KY.  And you may know that since the snow days killed our march bookings at schools in two counties we have been in desperate search of shows to fill in the gaps. Jim found some small local shows that are "filling the gaps".....AKA feeding us and paying the FRV parking rates.  Last month it was a church children's center, but if you follow us you knew that, and a Library in Richmond.  Today the other Madison County Library right here in Berea had us perform for them.

Berea is, if God wills it, our future home, and I was even more convinced when I performed for the Bereans. My humor works well here. It is a fantastically beautiful place; the hills; the trees, etc.

Anyway, as I put on my yellow socks (matches my shirt ) over my cotton socks ( a hygiene hint wearing natural fabrics, i.e. cotton or wool, under synthetic fabrics, i.e. polyester, nylon, etc. will keep the stink caused by bacteria growth down....that is where foot odor comes from, bacteria)   I overreached and I had a major back spasm. Fortunately, my muscle relaxers and pain pills were near by.  We were able to pull off the show to great success and had a ball doing it.



CC walk, graduates, in tomorrow. Wow, how time flies. We are excited for her and pray God puts her where she needs to be.  I write it that way instead of saying "put her wear she is happy" because quite often to serve God with all one's being means being put through the fire. All of us pray for money, success, a nice place to live, a great job, etc.  But is that where God needs the workers?    My family is not rich and runs a scary life of check to check and tough time to tough time because we haven't treated God as a Genie o grant us happy wishes. We want to serve Him. And very often that means going the opposite direction most of us would go. So long ago I had the choice to have much more successful performing career that what I have But I asked, no I promised God, I was His servant and would go where he wants us. And so here we are.  Grant it, I am flawed. But I acknowledge that and ask for direction and and forgiveness all day long. His plans for me might not be my plans for me; Lord have I learned that first hand. However, He is Lord and I go where He leads. That often means places I ma running away from.  But my Joy, is finding His delight so I am where He wants me to be.  That is my prayer for CC as she heads out into the world. (If you are reading the sweetheart, know you have been and always will be in my prayer. Sometimes those prayers are tough ones; asking that He put you in the place that brings you into complete obedience to HIM. After all I love you, but I love the Lord more. After all He gave you to us. Be still. Be quiet. Be obedient. Be strong. Turn off the voices and the world. You are a gift from Him to us...and to the world an more imortantly to HIM.. I love you. )



2014 graduation
Berea College 20m Sunday the 4th.















JIm's new costume....soon rhinestones and sequens. 

Tent Caterpillars (see earler post)


Practice...no not falling. just doing a leg on the knee pose.

No comments: