Friday, August 29, 2008

Hearts of Gold

Dance group doing, "Thriller"
Th Pink Gorilla advertising the Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe Festival and Fair t-shirt.
Notice Amelia has lost her first tooth.

Phil the sound guy and Tim and his wife.
The kids playing in the hay maze.
The stage.


We arrived in Fallon this afternoon, checked in to our hotel and went to the Fairgrounds. I was surprised that our good friends Zippy and Hi-tops wasn't there yet (They make up the brother team of the Swan Brother's Circus). Turns out that someone erred in the schedule and the Swans will be here tomorrow. That and the fact the band showed up so late caused the powers to be to ask us to do one LOOOOOOOONG show. We did a 90 minute show (and didn't loose a soul from the crowd).

The band, Nevada Hazurd (spelled that way), are pretty good. The drummer is an amateur magician. There was also a local dance group of teens. (That is what the fair is all about.) The dancers even put on makeup and did Thriller.

The kids goofed off in a small hay-bale maze and made a few friends while the big kids and I set up the show.

Phil and Matt (the sound guys) and Tim and his wife (the MC) from last year are here again this year. They are really nice and we have similar senses of humor.

During the show we introduced Victor's new "World's Strongest Boy". Like all new tricks it will take a while to develop into a great trick....right now it's just OK.

During the show some kid used a laser pointer to disrupt me so I said, "Whoever is pointing that laser better knock it off before I come out there, find you and cram it down your throat." The audience burst out in applause. I followed up by saying, "and they will help me!" More applause. After the show a BIG burly man told me he and another guys found the boys and took care of them....I just said, "Thanks"....I hope the kids aren't dead.

No comments: