Saturday, March 22, 2014

Blues Skies and Track

For the first time in her four years of college and Miles' two years we finally went to one of Cynthia , and Miles') track meet. Mami and I went wearing our "Berea Mom and Dad" shirts. I have already become someone of a legend among CC and Miles' friends as being a bit unusual so we were greeted by a bunch of collegiates who seem to know us.   I want to thank coach before I get too far along for giving mami and I each a meet t-shirt.
CC won both her races handily but didn't PR any of her times. In fact she was disappointed with them. Miles likewise wasn't happy with his times but Miles seems to always take things in stride.  
Miles surprised us with a new hairdo. Even after his sister pointed him out to us us we had a hard time spotting him  because he didn't look like Miles.
In the middle of the meet I got a call from Jim telling me the police were at our RV So i ran out there and it was just a general welfare check. In other words, so busy body somewhere saw a bunch of kids and their family traveling during the school year and called the cops to make sure we didn't kidnap them or were somehow and otherwise evil . Turned out they ended up thinking our whole family circus thing was cool and were extremely kind. We invited them to our two shows in Berea next month.  By the way, it is rare but sometimes I have to field these type of things. As I have always said Kentucky cops are pretty down to earth folks.....the CHP however.............(LOL).
We were planning on going catfishing tonight but the park we wanted to go to closed too early so we will have to try early catfishing this week.  I like going at dusk.















No comments: