Wednesday, March 12, 2014

COOOOOLD and always check your levels.

This time yesterday it was 60 degrees (11pm) and was as high as 70 something during the day. Right now it is less than 30 degrees and expected to fall below 20. Global warming at work again....and believe me I have talked to those nut jobs, they have an excuse how man made global warming is causing the coldest winter since they kept record 60 years ago.  But I am being rude calling these loons nut jobs so forgive me. I think the weather is affecting their senses.

We made a big booboo today. We forgot to do a daily tank level check. And well past the pumps were closed we noticed the lp gas was on empty.  So I had to run down to Walmart and buy a couple of very nice space heaters. They are the same type I got for the trailer to bunk house conversion. Since we have never left this early before and haven't had to use the heater as much, not to mention with the bigger RV came bigger tanks and so longer showers and we never ran out of LP gas so fast. Last year we only had to refill once.   Well, that is our oops.  We did have to find a circuit in the RV that wasn't loaded because we popped a circuit breaker when we turned on on at first. Even electricity has it's limits. That was $40+ I didn't want to spend (donations to the Kent heater fund paypal.com user name victorkent (sorta kidding).

Today was spent (for me sleeping in) and running around KY finding the things we need to convert the trailer to a bunk house. The boys then installed the insulation and such.  I found out later that they only glued in the ceiling foam.  One drive down a bumpy road and they will realize they should have glued the wall foam in too.   I went into the new bunk house today and it was surprisingly warm.  But the real test will come tonight when it hits below 20.

Cousin Wes joined up with us yesterday and his family (my cousins stayed the night and raced the snow back to Toledo today. I missed seeing them today as I was out cold.  This is a really bad back year for me (those not in the know I have major spinal damage; the docs wanted to put an electronic stimulator in before I left but there was no time...so guess how I am spending my winter....and I buy my own insurance (and even if I had ACA who know how much that is going to run ....donations to the Kent spinal fund  paypal user name victorkent (half kidding)

Miles came out for a visit.  We finally got the gifts from our relatives in Japan that he brought back....back around New years.  Thank you to our Japanese Family (that includes you Eddie.)

It was enjoyable to watch a light dusting of snow flakes today. Nothing stuck. It was just beautiful.

We are hoping it arms up (it's supposed to) as we want to go fishing.  

We are also doing a bunch of marketing. We were supposed to be doing schools. Two districts were going to have us come in but the snow days killed that. Many schools have as much as a month of lost days to make up. Donations to keep us from starving can be made at paypal under the name Victorkent.  (That is half a joke.)

Really we aren't worried as God has always provided.

Before I sign off put Berea, Ky on your Bucket list. It is a beautiful place....especially if you visit the old town on the surrounding nature.

The RV park owners have given us permission to set the show up so we can practice and get the new folks and new routines ready for the full season.  We will do some smaller gigs between now and then.  So why did we leave early?  Connections, God's call, and adventure.
I will post some pix tomorrow....for now here are some Face book pix from Miles and CC.











No comments: