Monday, March 10, 2014

Day Off?

Well, after a week long drive loosing three hours to the time-zones and then one more to the Day Light Savings scam, and after two days of fair shows (three stage shows daily and three times going out as robots (that's right I was all three robots each day), I thought I would get the chance to have a day off.  Well, I did get to sleep until 10am (that's 7am to you Californians). But after waking it was straight to the computer to answer emails (one regarding a booking) and then arranging the travel plans for the next couple of days. That means looking at our work load then looking at the weather and the routes. Turns out it will be 70 degrees tomorrow but snowing the next day. So we will pull out to Louisville tomorrow and settle in our Summer HQ, Berea, KY.  
Today has also included a tripe to Walmart and the grocer and a couple of stops at Lowes and Home depot.  We are converting the little trailer into a bunk house so we need vents, insulation, etc. Before all that running around I hit an RV store to pick up a kitchen latch as one broke on our travels out this way....they don't make plastic like they used to. (LOL).   While there I checked out a real RV trailer that would make a great RV bunk house, but it would run us around $14-15K so we will wait until the doe stats rolling in.....HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Oh, while picking up stuff for converting the little trailer we also picked up PVC to make an enclosure for the outside shower on the RV.
For the kids it was frisbee, playing with whatever snow hasn't melted aways and watching the three stooges on DVD.  Jim did the laundry today.  Back here at the homestead Mami is making pasta for dinner.
Now, after this entry I plan on taking that day off. I will have some pasta then crash....or I might just drive over the Bass Pro shop I saw around the corner. Regardless I am going to try and squeeze a little day off out of today.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daylight Savings Scam. I LOVE it!!!! LOL!!!! :)