Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Can See Clearly Now the Crack is Gone

Let me take this first paragraph to get anyone not familiar to our blog or us, in general, caught up with the on going drama of "Pigs in Space"...wait the was a flashback to the Muppet Show in the 70s.  I meant to say the 2014 tour of the Kent Family Circus. 

We left the 2nd of March to open our tour at the Louisville Kid's Fair in Kentucky. We took the southern hwy 40 route to avoid the inevitable ice and snow of the hwy 80 route.  We missed any "bad"weather by inches along the drive and were blessed with narely a need to turn on the wipers.  The Fair is the largest indoor kids fair in the world and the building was very cool. We actually got to drive upto the second floor and park our show trailers behind pipe and drape. Little did anyone attending that behind the backdrop was a muddy, road-salt stained cargo trailer that housed our show.   We introduced all three of our robots including the yet un-named red and white one.  The shows were packed and we were invited back for 2015.  When we booked the show we were hoping that we would pick up local school shows for the rest of March and maybe another sizable gig.  The foul weather, snow days, and bad luck scratched that from happening.  Half joking and half serious I put out a call for help and I want to thank from the bottom of my heart the people who opened their hearts and wallets to help keep us going through this month.  Jim and I , but mostly Jim has been marketing the show on all the social media pages, he's been calling schools, churches, libraries, day cares, old folks homes, cemetaries, alternate realities, and any other possible venue to try and get us booked. So far we have two libraries booked and a number of emails and calls from schools, churches, festivals and fairs from GA, ME, IN, KY, TN, etc. 

Today the weather was the best it has been all year. Blue skies. it contrasts with a freezing ominous sky-ed yesterday. But as the saying goes if you don't like the weather out here wait a few minutes, it will change.  

To break up the cabin fever and sludge fatigue.  (You see after snow and sleet comes sludge and mud...everywhere.)  To break it up I have been taking the kids fishing, antiquing, and yesterday we tried chicken gizzards ...I posted the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22KkIF_y9LY#t=109

There has been one other thing that has been going on that I am not sure if I shared with you.  I have a tumor in my spine and a few years ago they did surgery on it.  Two months later I fell (and it was just like out of an old vaudeville show kind of fall) and did permanent nerve damage.  So the  new rv also came with a brand new mattress. But at home I have one of those number beds (they work fantastic on back pain).  I have been putting up with the mattress but finally had to get one of those chambered air mattresses from Walmart. For the first time this trip I slept very well last night.  However, i didn't go to bed until 6AM.....we really are trying to get that marketing done.

Over the years our vehicles have had tons of tires changed, axles replace, front ends rebuilt, new transmissions, various seals and plugs replaced, but for the first time on the Ford, while on tour we had to have the windshield changed.  I tell you those guys were outa sight. They came to the RV park, they had the old one out and the new one in in less than 30 minutes and I might be exaggerating on liberal side.  None of us have ever seen anyone do that so the circus watched the workmen.....  The crack came from a tiny nick that on a very cold morning....snow on the windshield got awashed in warm air from the defroster. We all actually got to watch the crack snake across the entire windshield.  Thankfully my AAA insurance covered it except for the $50 deductible.  The workers told me hd my policy been in KY there is no deductible for glass. 

The kids made shmores again today.

Wesley tried his had at the trapeze today as well.  











 

No comments: