Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Snow Day. A really beautiful snow day.

The weather report said it would snow. And they got it right on. We woke to a light fluttering of snowflakes drifting in the light breeze to the ground, the tables, the van, the Rvs, anything outside got dusted.  Virgin snow and three kids means a good time. Though the first dusting would melt off an hour or two later a second, third and forth dusting would be the run of the day. Each time those little crystals beckoned the kids and they answered, always returning with red fingers and wet clothes. (yes they wore gloves but you know how it goes, eventually the cold works its way in.

They were able to coax Mami into a snowball fight. Sadly Jim, like me spurned the snow and opted to stay inside. Jim worked on marketing and I worked on un-torking my back.  I torqued it when I twisted and contorted my body to look out my bedroom window to see if it snowed. Kyle has been like a big brother to the kids helping them build snow things and helping them master their snow fighting skills.

The amazing thing is today we had snow and it never got below 30* while when it was down in the teens last week the air was as dry as a frozen bone.

I was so turned on by the chicken gizzards I had last week that I bought a couple of pounds (talk about a cheap source of protein!!!) and asked Mami to cook them up with soy sauce and other spices.  Wow, they were fantastic. Most of the rest thought they were "OK" while Mami and Amelia didn't care for them. Fine, more for me.   I think I want t try squirrel now.
























No comments: