Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gettin' Jiggy wif it.

OK...what is jiggy and why did I spell"with" with a "f" instead of a "th"? Why did I even write that in the first place? I don't know!

Busy day but uneventful. We met many wonderfully nice people and performed for 100% fantastic audiences. We had a great time and everyone of us is pooped right now.

We did visit the flea market on the roadside on the way to Quassy and bought a few trinkets at great bargain prices. We went back to that great pizza place in Naugatuck for their totally awesome pies. Gonna miss that joint most of all. Jim balanced one of their very heavy tables on his chin for the staff at the Pizza joint.

Beyond that nothing but sunshine and great crowds.

OK OK I just recalled one thing I want to mention.
During every show when I introduce Cynthia one of the kids sends our skunk puppet thingy over the backdrop to land on stage. I go into a routine that's pretty funny and then announce that we sell these after the shows. This summer we have sold almost 350. ( plus nearly 1000 wands) But I DIGRESS. One of the gags is when I offer to let a person in the front row pet it only to launch it through the air where is lands (attacks) someone further back... it gets laughs. That person then throws it back up to me and usually misses and I make an off hand comment about how they could play for (insert local ball club here). This time it came short and landed next to a boy about 10 in the front row who grabbed it and loudly explained, "It's mine now sucker...just try and get it" then crouched around it so no one could get it. (He really seem to mean it....and I should add he had been a mouthy one through the whole show.) No expecting an attack from the rear a girl near him grabbed it and through it up to me. He said a jerk-worthy comments and pouted. I said, "you my son are the reason there is birth control. " Then I commented on how embarrassed his parent must be at this moment. Then moved on.

Peace out!

No comments: