Friday, August 14, 2009

Last Weekend At Quassy

Drove over to Naugatuck today to do laundry (tricked myself into waking up early...too early).
This 1" fly was hanging out on a washer.
There is a sailing school near the park. To get certified they have to intentionally flip their boats and then right them....here they are practicing.

Two of the gang crashing between sets.
Sunny and hot is what today was...we all sweat out about 10lbs each. The first audience was a "TV Audience" the rest were awesome and the final show was off the hook!
We are all looking forward to the 4-5 days off next week before the Wolcott Fair (pronounced "Wulcut") next weekend. Then we are off to Maine and back to Cali.
In spite of the fact we are on the road we have continued to book shows for Sept., Oct, Nov and Dec. and for next summer. July was an all time record July for us and nearly a recd month over all. August will best all previous Augusts and September will do the same.
A bad night sleep and the early rising has paid a toll on me. There are probably a million things I need to add like the heckler who walked past that I decimated with verbal wit. And the crazy ride marathon Victor Jr and Amelia undertook hitting as many rides as possible between shows...some rides not even I would ride. Or me riding on the Tilt-a-whirl so that Olivia could and nearly throwing up the chimichanga I had just before going on. Or the disappointment I can't write about because it is too personal. But I am too tired to think or write so cheers.



No comments: