Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pizza - Rides -

Beautiful weather begat a very busy day at the Park. All three crowds today were good. But outside of the following joke I said the day was pretty uneventful....show-wise. In the 2nd show I came out wearing my black shirt and my bright green tie. I told the few who had arrived early (it was about 15 before the show) that it was my "green" tie"... my "environmental" tie....Yeah, it's made of environmentalists. (This area is a blue state area. I got a few giggles and a couple of smirks. Nick and I were busting up....but not showing it to them.
Today was ride day for the little ones. We got them their arm bands and they hit the rides. They had a lot of fun. Wish something cool like one of them throwing up or one of them slipping out of the harness and flying across the park. But nothing notable happened except three kids had smiles, giggles, and fun.
After the shows we drove out to Nagatuk ( a larger nearby town). There is a Walmart there and the prices were like home....we stocked up on all kinds of stuff. WooooooHoooooo! Then we found a a pizza shop with the sign reading "Pizza". I went in as the kids went off to the grocery store next door to pick up ice and tomorrow's lunch. The little shop was hot. The pizza ovens heated the joint...I guess their aircon was out. It was the perfect whole in the wall. The employees fit their positions and everyone was really nice. The guy in the back, the dough maker, and I as well as the Pizza cook chatted as the pizzas cooked. I found out the cook liked to balance things on his chin like James. I found out after getting their card that the name of the place is Medano's apizza.
We ate the pizza at the hotel. The smell in the van was incredible and proved to be just a shadow of the taste. It was delicious. Out of three pizza not even a sliver of crust remains. And we all have been complaining about distended stomachs.....we are full!
Friday will be a 4 show day and after 5pm it's 25 cent night...all rides are only a quarter. And Hot dogs are only a buck or two so I am told it will be very very very very very busy. I'll let you know how it goes.
I should add that I am getting a bit more used to the roads and discovering where things are expensive and where they are cheap so my stress about CT is lowering. I think the quieter hotel room is helping too.
I have noticed that there is a level of racism here I haven't seen in other parts of the country. It's something that my kids have noticed too. It's hard to describe. It's isn't in plain sight like we saw in Huntsville, Texas among the older white and black folks. It's subtle ...it's hard to describ. I will see if I can figure a way to express it.
Prayers still going out for my friend, JC, in Cali.. they're testing for a couple fo things so keep those prayers coming. Of course, his wife tells me, he isperforming magic for all the docs and nurses....an everyone else.

No comments: