Friday, August 21, 2009

Impending storms--Golf--more

What did I say about Days Off? Oh, Yeah....don't take them. I had to take the trailer up to Wolcott in preparation for our show tomorrow. It was a beautiful day; humid, warm with a nice breeze. So why did I repeat the "don't take a day off"...well, when I went out to the Ford (the trailer puller) that has been parked for three days I discovered the battery was dead. (I think the lights inside the trailer were left on.) Fortunately, the Chevy was full of pep and jumped the Ford quickly so it was go time. The trip up was uneventful and the fairgrounds (a converted school yard) was typical. So with the trailer left behind I headed back down to Milford.


This fellow was enjoying his reflection in Wolcott while I dropped off the trailer (he's on my windshield).
Back at the hotel the kids played putt-putt golf. A clipped wing doesn't stop Victor.



A moth at the playground.

Great lense on this comera. This guy is only 1/4 inch long. On the golf grass.

Nick steps on gum!

Posers.
This picture was Victor's idea.
On the drive back I stopped by a deli and had my first grinder. Turns out a grinder is a sub sandwich...apparently with a ton of mayo.
The rest of the day was filled with laziness. Naps, reading, miniature golf, and chocolate cake.
A note about the hotel. I think at one time it was a family resort. There are two buildings that are closed off and marked as being asbestos dangers. The pool is green and looks like it isn't very healthy. The large exercise room smells like moldy 50 year old sweat. The rooms all have wet bars and large old fridges...all with rust marks inside. The beds are hard and squeaky. So why did I choose this hotel. Well, the hotel description on line didn't mention any of the things I mentioned and it;s not like you can tell anything by the prices....everything out here is expensive. When we arrived we heard a couple having a fight downstairs and what turned out to be a fight. The bowling ball hitting the wall sound I think was one of the two's head hitting the wall. Later on a overheard the male half trash talking about the crying woman in the parking lot. There isn't a part of this hotel that doesn't have a unique smell to put it kindly. But had we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express we would have no story.

Impedning Storm:
It is 9pm and it has already rained once pretty heavy; a thunderstorm. Huricane Bill is missing us but it's outer edges are threatening rain for us. Fortunately the stage at the fair is tented.
We will keep you posted.









No comments: