Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shows 99 100 101 and 102

A beautiful Saturday here in CT. It has been unseasonably cold but I guess that's what you get when solar activity slows to it;s lowest levels since 1938 (But I've mentioned that before). Audiences swelled at each show until there was no room to move at the 7pm. They were a lively and happy crowd too.
We made friends with one family that stayed for 3 shows. The mom and dad live in CT but are originally from Jamaica. Their little girl hung out with the two princesses all day. Real nice folks. I hope they stay in touch.
James learned a new way to make tips. Since he is the only stilt walker I've ever met who can touch the ground folks put dollars down just to see if he can pick them up....he made 3 bucks.
We had brisk sales today and I even caught a man in his mid twenties try to steal a skunk (one of our props we sell.) He claimed he was just looking but as he walked by (not slowing down) he grabbed one without slowing. he didn't realize a screw held it to the pole we sell them from and he brought the whole thing down. I came out of the back stage just in time to see him and I stopped him. He claimed he was planning on bringing it over to us to buy it. He lied. Once I asked for payment he conveniently didn't realize it was so expensive. I let him go. But we have new policies regarding the sales stuff.
The day started with the kids swimming again...and so will tomorrow.
We are coming up on laundry day again too...but laundry costs over $7.00 per load. Yikes.
Good news. My friend, JC, is back home. He still has tests results to find out about. But he tells my wife he will be doing a show this coming Wednesday. The show must go on. What a trooper.

No comments: