Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Buttercup Gone!

This morning we all awoke to clear skies and brisk morning air. We slowly packed up doing our regular rv last day stuff...you know disconnect everything, dump grey and black water, clean up and go. It was at this last clean up and go that Olivia screamed, "Snakey is gone!"   Yesterday I had given permission for her to play with him (he rides in the loft in the rv). She apparently closed his cage wrong and sometime during 18 hours Buttercup made a dash.  
Since the rv is pretty contained we were sure he must be in it somewhere...however we had just installed those magnetic screen doors that a snake could easily get through and he had a lot of time to do it even though the door rarely stays open for long periods. But opportunity was there and after a quick search at the rv park and a thorough at the show site it was confirmed he is gone.
Olivia cried several times today and I won't lie it broke me up too.
Well, I drove Mami and the gang to the hotel Nick, jim and I are doing the rv showgrounds thing. A strange idea came to me. Look under the dashboard. I
But what could it hurt. At first glance nothing but then way up in the hardest to reach area was snake skin. I touched it...it moved.  It took 30 munutes and removing a good chunck of the dashboard to get to him. Jim and I worked from two impossible holes and I discovered ,since I was on the pulling end, that Buttercup is strong.   He's out with a minor scratch...me too. And once back in his tank he went straight for the water....how he survived the engine heat where he was is a miracle.
We made it to Vevay, IN for the Swiss wine festival...starts tomorrow

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments: