Monday, August 13, 2012

Petersburg

Well, After a lot of research last night we decided to a historic site. a place where one can learn about life during the Civil War. Museums, forts, battlefields, etc.  The place is called Plalin Civil War Historic center.  We drove the 45 minutes to get there only to discover the one thing they did not mention on website...they are closed on Mondays and Tuesday.
So we stopped by a store that had a little of everything while I researched where to go from there. A local suggested Historic Downtown Petersburg........yeah right. Downtown Oroville, CA was more impressive and historic and not as scary. We even witnessed a man, not of our race, take his baby from his wife along with other "things" of his or hers and walk off. It was a domestic case. Other people were there from the family....it was like watching a tv drama but I told everyone not to watch and just walk on. We ended up at Golden corral and ate dinner.
















 Really old lock fascinates Victor



 Curl up or dye

other pix from the kids' cameras from the past few days.








 This frog was in our tent. As I went to grab him he jumped into my face and partially into my mouth...we moved him to a tree. He looked like he had a deformed leg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had know you were looking for historical sites I could of helped you. If you went to petersburg you could of cut through to surry instead, took the ferry for free over to jamestown settlement.