Monday, August 27, 2012

Road Trip

Why is it the short drives sometimes seem the hardest.  I don't know what it was but I slept like a rock last night...a rock rolling down and mountain side and off a cliff!
I suppose since the carnival was packed up and gone before I went to sleep I wasn't able to be lolled to sleep by the sound of rides being torn down and Spanish words being bantered about. I woke up a lot. Any way my sleep would had been short lived anyway because the electric pole that holds the transformer that provided power to the park we were at was hit by a car the night before and the town crew cut all power that morning...early. That meant not air con...no thank you.
We had to drive an old dirt road out of the park too because the work trucks blocked the main drive in.
But the 4 days of shows were not a loss by any means. We made a lot of friends and enjoyed the beautiful river and the great work of the artisans at the event. I'm sorry I missed out on the frogs legs...they sold out early.
If you are near southern Indiana in August I highly recommend you visit the Vevay Swiss Wine Festival.

Other entertainers included a lion-tiger act, a strolling magician, musicians, a cheer contest, a strolling potted plant, very interesting, a bronze statue man, and us.  Oh there was an African contortion act that was out of this world, Zuzu.

Our drive was just to northern Ohio for just tonight as we casually drive over to MA. We will spend tomorrow in PA.

Our church is putting Cynthia on the prayer closet for student of the week (month)? So join in and keep her in your prayers.

Miles has joined the extreme Frisbee tram for fun.

The rest of us are tired.
Good night.

No comments: