Friday, August 17, 2012

Miles and CC off to College: In KY

We have arrived in Berea, Ky, one of the prettiest places in the US, to drop Miles and Cynthia off at college.  We only had to drive just under 2 hours and a drizzly rain welcomed us.  it was very nice...cool and comfortable. We are staying at our regular place and the folks are all super kind. They know us well since I made a video for Youtube of the "Coin Man".....the man who cuts pictures out of coins. He amazing.
We  hit the college post office then did some shopping and finished the day with a spaghetti dinner. Cynthia is staying at a friends house tonight.....I guess she is done with camping...she usually slept in the van.
I don't blame her. Miles is in mixed emotions.....; leaving home, starting an adventure.

 last day on tour and now a KY college student....modeling his leather jacket he got for the cold winters as a thank you from the show present.
 Ok...so we still like each other.


 Gotta love the south

 This is the pen the rabbits and the tortoise share on tour.


 MMMMMMMMM
Here are pictures from yesterday (the building is the Rexall drug store I mentioned yesterday) and the rest are just fun.

Earlier today I took a nap.  to drown out the varfious noises of dinner being fixed, the kids playing, Bobbi squawking, etc I wore my mp3 player ear pieces and listened to old time radio. In this case it was Abbott an Costello. Apparently I was enjoying it and even though I was fast asleep I had apparently mustered up a smile. Olivia asked me when I woke up if i was really sleeping or just relaxing. I told her I was asleep . She said, "Oh, you had a big smile on your face so I thought you were just relaxing.". Too cute.

I don't know if it is something I drank or ate, nerves, or what but about midway through the day gas bubbles gave my tummy such pain. It all came out in the end (excuse the pun). And I spent a lot of quality time filling the black water tank of the RV. (sorry for the imagery).  Luckily I have anti-D pills so I am hoping the night will go uninterrupted 

While in town I have arranged for Belle and Tator Tot to get hair cuts....I might end up with one too.

No comments: