Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday In Ohio

Well, it was hard to wake up...back on Eastern time! Most of us piled into the van and went to church with most of the cousins (Jay had to pick Jes up from Karate Camp).  It was a good service though I noticed a lot of the preteens and teens were playing video games during the service on their various devices and their parents just ignores it. Wow, had I tried that or anything similar as a kid it would've been quite a sore Sunday for my tush.  Oh, well. I can't parent every kid. And as one person who doesn't seem to like me very much recently told me "I am not much of a father".  But I know I'm alright as a dad and my kids seem to like me. I know I have the best kids on the planet....but they are aware their tushes could suffer the same fate as mine when I was a kid if they cross certain lines.
I love the people at the church who work with special ed kids. they were so patient with Titus. Mami gushes with joy telling me about how nice they are. And I am proud that my kids and their cousins sat quietly and listened to the message today. I hope the pastor's words stuck in their brains. It was a great message. (below are pix of the kids together)
Cynthia wanted to go shopping so after lunch we hit the stores with four of the little ones in tow. She didn't find anything she liked. But we did have slushies at a Speedway.
 The mall had an Olympic awards stand and the kids posed.
 Amelia has pooh on her head.
 Brandon is feeling grumpy. And Victor is feeling dopey.
 Dorothy and the flying monkey.

 Plaid brothers.
Sadly I did have to do some work today because our time off is short. Jim and Nick do the Robot at a fair on Tue and Wed so I have one day to get my running around done before they take the van.  I have to take the rv into the service center to have the generator fixed...really early.
But trips to the bank, the pet store (mice), the post office, etc are on the list for tomorrow.

No comments: