Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cuyahoga County Fair and Leather Jacket

Today Jim and Nick are near Cleveland performing at the Cuyahoga County Fair as T. Master Robot Ranger. They have run into our old performing buddy, Wade Henry and his wife who are doing their thing there. The arrived yesterday even though the shows, for them, started today.

Here are some pix from last night as the two boys went to the fair to check in , get their passes and check out the grounds.

(They are 2 hours from us and we will drive out to meet them tomorrow night where we start an 11 hour drive to VA. )
 Jim told me there was a freak show magic show traveling with the carnival. Here are some of their posters.

Wade Henry.
Today I woke up at 6am to get the RV to the Cummins generator service place to have our coughing choking generator looked at. Everyone at the Cummins Bridgeway place were exceptionally nice people.
I got there on time in spite of my smart phone navigator taking me on a really round about way of getting there. Turns out the freeway was just around the corner but it took me off the freeway a couple of exits early and took me on the scenic route.
Anyways, once the RV was in the bay I pushed the start button and after a few seconds of trying to start it didn't. One more try...failure. We talked about symptoms, sounds, and the like when I pushed the button again. I giant bellow of blue smoke came out the exhaust pipe and then it ran perfectly, better than ever. So we let it run for ten minutes as he inspected the fuel lines and we both stood around and fianlly decided there was nothing wrong.
So to be on the safe side we closed out the ticket and I parked the RV in their driveway running for an hour as I visited a giant store called The Anderson s.
The Andersons is a giant store with everything, I mean everything, fresh bakery, gourmet foods, regular foods and everyting else. It's like Walmart, met Kroger's, met Macys met Williams Sonoma, met Home Depot, met Tractor Supply Co.
I bought a few small things then headed back to Cummins. My Rv generator was still running as good as it ever could. I paid the bill, after all it did take up a tech's time and bay. But it wasn't much and I dragged my tired tail back to Jay's house, parked the RV then told Mami, Miles, and Olivia we are going shopping. Miles needed new shoes and I wanted to get Miles a nice fur-lined leather winter jacket.
Olivia needed duct tape to "make things" and Mami had food shopping to do. Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes, and Wacky Cake for desert...that was dinner.
Meanwhile JIm and Nick were getting ready for Robot time at the CUY Fair.
Jim reported that the robot is popular but we needed more velcro here and there to better stabilize parts during certain movements.
I had found an Octumus Prime helmet with voice changer at a T J Max yesterday and removed the speaker and voice changer in preparations for putting it into our robot. It was only $7!
Here are Pix from today. More will follow since these pix were from earlier int he day.






Jim told me that while at a Chilpolte Grill the manager offered him a job. Here are some ofter show shots.



Bacon Sundae.

(Click on pix to make them bigger)

No comments: