Sunday, August 28, 2011

ABS/Break Light - Walking Stick

Is it a stick or a bug...it's a Walking Stick bug! This is a baby one. The owner of the RV park we are at says they get as thick as a man's thumb! Very cool. They are all over the pace. Leaf bugs, spiders, mosquitoes, flies, horse flies, and bugs of every type are here in south Missouri! We didn't quite make our goal of Branson.
As we pulled out of the RV camp in St Louis after two great nights there I had a feeling deep in my gut that things have been going way two easily. I really did. I was waiting for a shoe to drop. So maybe I was riding a little more sensitive than usual and I dismissed the brick like feeling of the brake pedal when I pushed it once coming down a hill. I let up fast and pushed down again and it was soft again. Hmm. It would do it once more but never again. However, about 2o minutes later the ABS diode and the Brake trouble diode came on. UGH. We pulled off at a gas station and filled up. I let Mick (the other driver) know what was going on and we came up with a code word we would us in case we needed to go into emergency stopping where he would use the van to slow the rv down if the dire need arose. I didn't want to worry any of the others.
When I started the engine the abs light came on momentarily but the brake light didn't. Whew! We dodge one there. Must have been a computer error. BUT, five minutes later the light shone bright on the dashboard. I started making calls around to find a nearby RV camp that also allowed tents since I knew, it being Sunday, no service shops would be open. I called a chain RV Store and they told me about a camp near one of their outlets. They also told me their books we full but if I came in first thing they might be able to take me. I will put my best sorrowful looking face on.
So we are not in Branson and instead of seeing a show I will see an early bedtime and then see my money go bye bye. I hope it's something simple. But with the way things have been going financially this tour....it will be an arm and leg. If not I will gleefully report it here. If not I will set up a donation fund and beg for contributions. (LOL)
The camp we are at has a pool a big field to play Frisbee, soccer, etc. and a jungle gym area. The owners are really nice. They have told me, as every RV park across this land is reporting, it's been the worst RVing summer in their lives. Many have a few choice words for the president. 30% chance of rain today and tomorrow so say a prayer for our five or size in tents tonight.
Talked with Bill. He separated from us after Ohio. He visited friends in Illinois and is now on the road to Oroville.
For those of you wondering, since the Louisiana Gator Fest pulled out we will go from the Madera fair in California back to Oroville for two weeks when most of us will continue to TX and NM then Socal. Mami and Titus and the RV will stay behind.


No comments: