Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stormy Winchester

We awoke to thunder and the sound of wind and rain this morning. We awoke late since we bedded late and when I called the big kids' room I was not surprised to find everyone asleep still. But it was laundry day and God added one more thing to our list...we had to run to the fairgrounds to check the set.
When we got there everything was fine. A few poles out of alignment on the banner line but otherwise OK.
I dropped James, Nick, Lukas, and Midori off at the laundromat and I headed to Lexington to finish my "to do" list (part of the RV and 4" nails, Post office). Turned out to be a blessed morning. I was first in line at the PO . When I had finished and turned around there was a line to the door. The drive to Lexington was smooth and traffic free. Oh, and the man at the deli next to the laundromat happily let me buy two rolls of quarters. The RV store was easy to find and Home Depot was a smooth drive. Turns out 20d nails out here are generally 3 and 3/4" everywhere else 4"....at Home Depot 4"....I bought 5lbs!!! I had lunch at MCDonalds and regretted it...I am sick of Fast Food. The kids in the mean time had the deli food and loved it! I am sooo jealous (hear that in my best stuck up SoCal accent.)

Olivia made the local paper today. So that means we have appeared in every paper at every fair we have done this year. woo hoo.

The clouds stayed all day but by 2:30 their cooling affect ran off and it got hot and humid fast. A bit tough for the strollers (Miles, Midori, and Jim) since they had to go out in it.

The shows today had bigger crowds and better crowds yet still considerably smaller than what we are used to.

For dinner Cynthia and Mami prepared a seafood stir-fry that was awesome.





No comments: