Friday, August 12, 2011

Why You shouldn't let Lukas and Cynthia do the Laundry

Thursday, while Jim, Miles, Nick and Midori set the show up at the fairgrounds Cynthia and Lukas went to the Laundromat and did several loads of laundry. Bad Idea? check the pictures out and decide for yourself.





Yes even I let my hair down and wore one of t kids' shorts (note: not underpants) on my head.
We performed two shows on Thursday and both drew decent crowds for the size fair. Happily I can report that the anti-Monkey Butt Powder Sample that we have been waiting for had finally caught up to us. So we had sample to give away. We are always reminded by truckers and other folks as we travel that we have AMBP decals on our trailers and RV. They honk, wave, give us thumbs up, or just plain come over (at gas or rest stops) and ask about the product. I hope we are making a difference and are improving sales for the company. By the way if you want a bottle you can get it at ANY Tractor Supply Company and Rite Aid. Many motorcycle stores and other hardware stores also carry it. Let them know we sent you.
At the fair our neighbors are the K9 Country Dog Show. It's a show with 15 dogs and two brothers in their fifties. They remind me a bit in character of Zippy and the late Hightops from the Swan Bros. Circus. They have a cute show. I have pictures and will post them later tonight (Friday). I also have pix of our setup.
The weather is California warm and this morning around 5AM we had rain come through. Since we had our awning broken up in London, KY due to a very powerful wind that came with a Thunderstorm I am nervous about leaving it up over night or when we aren't there. So at 4:30 (I woke up at 4 and checked the weather on my phone in a whim.) I got up and closed the awning. I also double checked all the tie-downs and equipment to see if it could weather the weather. I hit the sack just as the rain came and fell asleep with the comfort of knowing everything was in good shape. Slept until nearly 10....NICE! Mami stayed with me at the RV so we had a break from the family. I, personally, have enjoyed staying in the RV much more than the hotels...even the really nice ones.
Back to the show. Amelia was really improving on the hula hoops but we and her have relaxed the practice and she has been dropping in each show so we will redouble our efforts to improve the act. She says she wants to really develop a great routine so she will have to practice a lot.
More to come.....

No comments: