Monday, August 15, 2011

Muddy, Wet, Awesome Crowds

We arrived in NY under stormy skies and went through our first show day with showers and sprinkles all day long. Still we pulled off three great shows with three great audiences.
Here is the path between our rv parking area and the stage. We are using their stage in a tent.
It was so cool today Belle needed her jacket and rain coat...she was not allowed to stroll the grounds.
After one of our shows I was stuck at the stage with no coat or rain protection. I searched my costume bag and found a cleaners bag for one of my jackets...a little hole making and I had a poncho.
I really like NY crowds. they know how to act at a live show. They really seem to click with us as well. We had so much fun that in one show towards the end I noticed a tiny little spider slowly lowering itself down it's web right next to where I was standing talking to the audience. So I got an idea...I told the audience about the spider then and Idea popped into my head...I got my fire eating torch, got a mouthful of fuel and did a fire blow right at him ...the fair photographer caught it all. The little spider vanished and the crowd went wild. I promised the folks to keep the balance of nature that I would do the same to a fly this week.
The path from our rv to the stage, as you saw in the photo, is muck. The kids wearing flip flops all ended up with mud speckled legs and buttocks. Even after taking their shower and walking back we had to wash them down again at the RV once more due to the much on their legs.

No comments: