Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Flying Pig.....A Day at the Cousins

Swirling clouds and a burst of sun. That was the scene out my RV window as we drove from PA to OH yesterday. To our parents' delight back in Cali we met up with my cousins, the Parkers, in Toledo and, if you read yesterday's blog, supped.
Today We all slept in to a degree. I beat everyone with a 10 am wake-up. Of course I sleep in the RV everywhere we go so I get the advantage of not having 17 people buzzing around whilst I slumber. I think I needed it.
One cloud formation I saw was a flying pig....see below.

Flying pig.....
Our day today was nice. The girls played with Jessica. The Boys played with Brandon and Wesley. Belle played with Barkly and Kodi(ac). I had a little business running around to do and then made it a laid back day. Mami kept trying to find things to do so she cooked bfast for everyone and kept trying to clean up everything in the Parkers' house. She doesn't know how to rest. The older boys and Midori all did their laundry. My boys had the full wrath of our large family laundry load to deal with. Except the white...they never do a good job on those so I did the whites.
Pizza was in order for dinner. We had Gino's pizza, a thin crust pizza. It was alright but the gas bubbles in me tell me something in one of those pizzas didn't settle right in my tummy.
When we went to pick up the pizza I must confess I was a bit rude or maybe blunt would be a better word. I noticed as the 18 or so year old young lady who worked at the register had a recovering hickey. I could not resist. When told hello and how am I doing I said, "fine, and you? Looks like your hickey is healing nicely. She played it cool and said, "yeah". But when I gave her my ATM card to swipe it wouldn't swipe for her (it's old) and so she started swiping it harder and harder and faster and faster getting frustrated." Poor thing. Maybe I was a bit rough. I was pleasant in every other respect but I was bothered by the hickey and I shamed her...shame on me? I had a hickey once and I have to admit I was embarrassed of it. You know, you really don't realize you are getting one when wrapped up in all those hormones....hmmm. She might next time, I suppose. I'm a baaaaad Boy?
In the early eve Jim, Nick, Midori, Bill and Lukas went to the mall for some shopping but also met up with our local "stalkers". They had a good time. Tomorrow is Lukas' Bday...what to do?
We will hit the road soon to visit sites along our path to Arizona.

No comments: