Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beech Bend Day 4......106 degrees Hot Hot Hot!

It was only supposed to hit 101 but the mercury rose well past that and hit 106.  As the bad news that 20 new taxes on the middle class and small business and insurance rates for the very same will be going through the roof with the passage of this dumb health care law it's befitting that the country is suffering a heatwave.  I have already heard from several friends who own businesses that they will have to close their doors because of the law.   MMMMMM scary time.s
in spite of the Amusement park being a water park too the park was very slow today.  We had decent sized crowds hoovering around 100 per show, but compared to the other shows at the park we were packed.

I feel a little sorry for Miles. He has to wear our mascot costumes twice each day and with this heat the poor boy was bathed in sweat when he was done.   But he does it without complaining and I think he is slowly getting totally used to it.

Nick was happy with the arrival of a box of candy and sweets from his gal in Cali. 106 degrees wasn't kind to the chocolate.

The park replaced my favorite Shock Drop ride with an even taller version of it called Gravity Z.  I rode it finally....it was awesome.

There was a couple of wasps causing backstage havoc during the second show. No one was hurt.

Today was spider day.  I found a spider waiting for me in my top hat this morning. And Miles found a huge black window living in the sliding door space in the van. Both met with horrible endings.









Tassels!

No comments: