Sunday, June 24, 2012

In Bowling Green

When I went to bed last night in my rv at the Fairgrounds in Clarksville there was a full carnival, many vendors and all kinds of fairsy stuff around me.  When I awoke this morning the place was virtually empty. Old food wrappers rolled with the wind like tumble weeds in an old west ghost town. A couple of trailers left by the carnival to be repaired or for some other reason remained. But outside those things I was alone. 
I took the dogs out then feasted on a piece of bread (last night's late night deep fried pickles still filled my stomach, I suppose). 
Then the familiar white Ford Van pulled up and we loaded the last of our stuff and hooked up all the trailers and started our trek to Bowling Green.  OK, we did stop off at the bank, the gas station and the store AND then we started our trek. Only 90 minutes. 
We got to Beech Bend Amusement park after lunch time and started setting up for the shows starting tomorrow. I mentioned lunch but we didn't eat it. I guess the timing put that on hold.   By the time things were mostly set up and we were ready to head to the hotel the three big boys were showing signs of no lunch, the heat, and getting (back) into being used to traveling 24-7 with people.  They were grumps. 
After dinner at the hotel they were acting much better.  In spite of my piece of bread bfast as my only nutrition for the day I didn't miss the food. Of course, I didn't work as hard as the others (due to my back and hand).
More to report tomorrow. 

No comments: