Friday, June 22, 2012

BIG BIG BIG CROWD

Each day we do three shows and then the kids do some strolling acts (stilts, mascot penguin, pink gorilla, etc.) Every show we have done here so far have been to full seating capacity with lots of standers and kids on the gravel in front of us. But our 8:30 show tonight was drop dead packed.  It was also the show where Mami did her tortoise jumping through the hoop-rope tie escape-juggling routine. (a running gag). Miles did the machete ladder jumping onto broken glass (I just walked and jumped on it.). Nick introduced his new trapeze routine. And Titus did his routine. The show was a hit. I mean the reactions were fabulous.  Makes all the sweating and hard work worth while.

I am still nursing my tendinitis in my right hand.  I can't help but keep using it.  Strange that I am left eye dominate and right handed.

My day was spent running around town picking up a few supplies, like mice for Buttercup.  I hate Petsmart's prices and their policy to only sell dead frozen mice.  Buttercup will eat one only if he is REALLY hungry.  Give me Petco and live mice any day.

I also picked up a case to show a new exhibit for our side show. It is a dried out something or other that got it's head caught in a mouse trap but has many human features.  We need to test it to see if it is a clever hoax or a real something or other. It smells real. It was given to us by a couple who said they found it in their attic here in Clarksville.

"The Strange Thing" (our original exhibit) is very popular.

Victor and the girls have made friends with the deep fried pickles and cheese family kids. (pictures below).  They are having a great time together.

One worry for us was the special diapers for Titus were supposed to have been delivered her yesterday and we couldn't find them anywhere.  Turns out instead of delivering them to the Speedway office they delivered them to the carnival trailer offices. Eureka! We found them. It would have been tough w/out them. Just one of the things that takes careful coordinating when traveling. On that note there is still a dvd I ordered last year that is somewhere out there and never caught up with me.

The weather has been like Bay Area California nice. Not very humid and not over-bearing hot. I hope this is the trend for the tour.

The kids get to the fairgrounds (Speedway) a few hours before the show and Jim, as coach, takes each kid aside and trains them on improving their routines... the dogs too. Then they each lunch as I do the business running around.  At night I do all the office work. Then I drive and pick up Mami and Titus at the hotel.  During the first show Mami and Cynthia prepare dinner.  That's how our day goes here.


 Victor with his buddy, Jackson.
 Sound girl Cynthia.
 Mami gonna make a tortoise jump through a hoop?



 Bondage or a new stunt?
 Lasso Practice.
 Here I am to save the day

 Jump...jump! JUMP!
 Buddies (Emily).
 Victor and Jackson



 Buttercup meets a customer.
 romantic stroll before the show

 Titus in cue.
 Everyone in this tiny RV.

 More romance.













No comments: