Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tortoise Jump and more

Bowling Green is dry. It is hot, but not as bad as the rest of the country seems to be going through. It was 92 degrees but no real humidity.  In fact, it was very comfortable today. We are expecting hotter days but without the humidity it isn't the same.  The corn fields are drying our and there are fire warnings for the first time in all my trips out here.  The heat is bringing the customers into the park and that means big crowds for us today. Every show was packed.
Mami and Titus joined us for the last show today.  As usual to her routine Mami came out to make the tortoise (The Sultan) jump through a hoop.  In the usual show the tortoise does nothing. BUT, today he actually went through the hoop. It killed the running gag of Mami having no skills then ending with her nailing a fantastic juggling routine. But everyone was on the floor laughing. What a surprise.  We actually have a circus-tortoise now.
Another first for Mami was her ride on the roller coaster, the Kentucky Rumbler! She went with Miles and Cynthia as I took a business call at the rides' gate. Apparently she screamed the entire ride and didn't enjoy it very much.  That's my Mami.
A baby bird fell from the rafters of the building we perform in today.  After a few minutes he flew into one of of our storage tents then into one of our trailers.... see the picture.
Belle was less in self control of herself today. I had to be a bit stricter with her and keep her from just running about the stage. There was some smell in the air that got her attention.  It was odd. But Tator Tot nailed  his routines.

Oh, yeah, I also rode the Penny Farthing Bike around the park, including hills, a few times today.  It seemed a novelty and I got so many smiles and waves.  I have even reached the point of being able to make sharper turns and remove one hand for the handle bars.

Titus woke up a lot last night so Mami and I slept less than we wanted. But she had the luxury of staying at the hotel until later in the day. I had the show. UGH! AS I type this I am finding typo after typo but my exhaustion makes me not care so much. So I apologize.

With that I leave you these pictures and a blessed good night.
 This sign is at the end of the street where our hotel is located.....It's Wall Street. And it's a dead end! (Below shows the name of the street)

 Miles fresh out of the gorilla suit...notice the new suit's pink hair on his arm and the 20 gallons of sweat.
 That tiny bird I mentioned in the trailer
 Olivia practicing the Unicycle
Nick getting Dog love.

No comments: