Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wasp Hunt and Hot Shows

Our day at Beech Bend starts with the kids being dropped off rather early so they can meet and greet customers at the gate in various costumes. Nick, Olivia, and Victor in the mean time set up the show while I drive off grounds to do whatever running around that needs to be done.  My hunt today was for a 7 1/4" clasp.  No luck....Internet order?

During those morning hours the heat index rose to 105 and by showtime everyone was worn out and hot.  But we pulled it together and did wonderful shows. And I am not just bragging.  I am proud of their work.  I miss Cynthia on stage but she is running sound and is with us. She also helps with the kids and meals at the show. Still the showman in me knows she has talent and I am sorry to see it wasted by not being used. Oh well.

First thing I did before the shows was to spray all the know wasp nest areas with poison and kill as many of those red devils as I could.  We still saw many throughout the day they weren't as aggressive or as many as yesterday.

I got an email from my sister today that my niece is suffer pretty bad from her Krohns Disease. So I am asking all my fans and friends to pray for her. I have see His mighty power work when true believers come together in prayer and it is awesome.

Instead of the water escape Victor did an escape where he is leg cuffed, hand cuffed and pad-locked into a canvas bag. (Picture below) Even though all the action happens out of view of the audience inside the bag, the audience reaction was surprisingly BIG when he came out.

 Bobbi between shows.  Her cage is kept close to the stage entrance. If not she will squawk and squawk.
 Practice?
 Amelia on!
 Victor picking Smith and Wesson leg iron and hand cuffs then two pad locks.
 Fire whip
 ????
 Stud
 James' friend, Kelsey came down to help train the kids in acrobatics.
 Checking the financial page....really she read the paper every day.
 Fu-Man Vic

 Mailbox trick nailed....although she is so hot and tired on stage, like the rest of us.

 Tator on!
 Tada!




No comments: