Monday, June 4, 2012

Updates:

Ok....where do I start...well, dummy, why not the beginning? Hey great idea.  By the way, who said that? It was me, one of the voices in your head. Oh, OK. I thought I was going crazy there or something.  Tell the other voices goodnight for me. OK.
Well, I was born....uh, um...yeah? That's too far back...Oh....try today.  Oh, I get it.

This morning while Miles was a school Mami and I took James, Olivia, Victor, and Amelia down to the hospital to visit Grandma (my mom).  She is doing great.  Well, great for a person who has an atrial valve that looks like a piece of thread. But in great spirits, talkative, energetic, as long as she doesn't get out of bed, and a bit bored from being stuck in a hospital room.  Her room mate was a nice lady who was to have a similar operation today. Nice lady.   We learned that Grandma (mom) would be moved to Enloe hospital in Chico for an angiogram tomorrow morning (around  9ish) and then the doc will decide when to operate. (Chico is only 20 minutes away so that's a good thing. )  So around 6pm they moved her over there where she is resting comfortably and awaiting the procedure.  There is almost no doubt the operation will happen very very soon.
Since we are the kids who have elected to live nearby (OK, we tried to run away from Cali last year to move to KY but God had other plans and now we know why.) we are the point for the information dissemination.  Thank God for Facebook and this blog since they are helping keeping friends and family informed.
Happily lots of relatives, my siblings,  church siblings, and friends have been calling and visiting her during her stay at the hospitals. It has helped fight that boredom that comes from hospital stays.
One medical thing I noted while there is mom's blood pressure is all over the place and is constantly changing, going up, down and in between at each auto-check the machine does.  Vegas could run a game off the numbers for trying to guess what here systolic rate would be at each test.




Miles got his picture with Grandma yesterday so here are the rest.  Cynthia is still in KY so I may have to Photoshop her into a picture.

After the visit Amelia and I split off from the others to do our annual "June Thirders" birthday lunch....grant it a day late. This year she went for pizza and we hit a local pizza pie shop that had old video games and went all 80s for lunch.


It was a great time and we had a blast.  Watching my waist-line for the tour I resisted and had ONLY one slice....but I did have 4 or 5 small buffalo wings.  Cynthia called about that time and razzed me a bit on eating pizza when I am trying to lose weight. She has been my hardest critic on it...and I appreciate it.  I have reached the point that I no longer serve myself and Mami proportions my meal so I have not temptation to go big.

For those of you interested in my back issues (you know tumor in the spine) I will get a new MRI this week and see why I keep having spasms.

On the business side we are still doing all that get ready stuff, thought recent events have slowed us down. And we are still booking shows for the fall and even the winter. We even did a private family show (mini circus version) up in Chico this past Saturday which was a lot of fun. It was for a very nice family.

Good night and God Bless.

No comments: