Sunday, June 3, 2012

You caNNot make this day up!


You can't make a day like this up.  In fact, this whole year has been weird...but that is a whole other story I will share later. 
Today started , for me, with Mami waking me up. My father called and told us my mother was at the hospital.  He on going heart valve problem had brought about intense pain and discomfort. She has been told a new valve surgery will be needed soon. It may be sooner than we expected. The scans showed a pretty useless valve and her blood pressure is all over the charts. The call was a little after six and shortly afterwards I was on  my way to the hospital. They had stabilized her and by 10:30AM they moved her from the ER to a regular hospital room.  I headed home about then and started preparing for Amelia's Birthday party.  We decided not to tell the little kids about grandma until later in the evening.  
So while the kids were at Church Mami and I prepared the house for a gaggle of kids expected later on.   The day before Amelia and Mami baked the cake. It turned out beautifully.  The kids showed up, in fact more than we expected. And it was a ton of fun. I did some magic, Jim jugggled, and Miles did some bullwhipping.   I even demonstrated the Big Wheel Penny Farthing bike.  The kids ran through the sprinklers, decorated their own gift bags, had a water balloon fight and toss, and had a blast. We sugared them up with cake and ice cream and sent them home. 
By 4:10pm everyone was gone and we started to prepare for Miles baccalaureate at our church.  Our church family celebrates the graduating kids and their achievement and we pray for them and their future endeavors.  Lots of hugs, tears, advice and love.   On our way home we stopped by the hospital  to visit Grandma and got a picture of Miles and her together. 
At home we finally celebrated my birthday with rhubarb pie...I don't eat cake. 
That was the day in a nut shell....and just a very thin nutshell.  












































No comments: