Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bye Bye Iowa! Bye Bye Sayako! Bye Bye Eddie!

We performed the last two shows today then loaded up. Wouldn't you know it. True to form. Almost everyone of our gigs had a rainy load up day. It was cold all day and drizzily with a few moments of showers. When your head is stuffed up and your body is achy then a day like that kind stinks. But I am not complaining. In spite of the rain and my cold we did some pretty good shows. Relative to the attendance at the fair due to the rain we had great sized crowds. I was a bit loopy at the last show, my cold meds had made me goofy and I let the audience in on that secret. Which only made there reactions to things even better. Maybe I should claim "cold-meds" as my excuse for every show.
Since our shows were stacked with the magician-hypnotist-science guy we shared the stage with we had to wait for his Hypno show to end before we could clear out....after all those are our backdrops we were using.
Eric and Vaughn showed up after the shows to help clean up with us. Are they nice guys or what?
Oh, by the way, if either of you two read this could you run past the Qaulity Inn and see if they found my phone charger I can email you the room number. While we waited for the hypno to end we all supped on various sausages with sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers.....nice! Thanks Mami.
Loaded up and me loaded with mucus, we headed off to Des Moines, where Sayako and Eddie will catch their respective flights back to Japan. We will miss both of them. We love you two.
Oh, almost forgot, the fair board pres said he wanted us back next year. Groovy!
On another note I have ordered a new hubcap for the van and a new ladder for the RV...but we will have to find a warm dry place for me to start the fiberglass repair. So much upkeep.....like a real house.

No comments: