Friday, September 24, 2010

Day OFF!

We are in Amarillo and we took the day off. The kids hit the pool and the playground. Titus even got some pool time. For that matter, so did Mami.
I got some body work done on the RV...I think it turned out pretty OK. It was just a small part of the back section that was damaged back in PA when I hit that cement thing at the gas station (see that blog). But I did some fiberglass and bondo work and it looks OK. It meant I had to make about 4 trips back and forth into town...Walmart, Lowes, Auto store, Petco (mice for Buttercup, and Lowes again.)
Nick installed the new gas hose as the old one was pinched nearly closed when we had the blowout of the duely back in CT last month. The gas will flow faster now during the fill up.
The park we are at seems to be a bit ritzy for a country family like us. Most of the customers are older folks...it is off season for families I suppose. Most of the rigs here are of the expensive type. Met one gent who turned me on to reservation.gov where one can stay at an RV park owned by the feds for $7 a night.
Forgot about a story that made national news and we were there in Dodge City. If you look back at that blog I mentioned the cops being all over the place. One of the incidents I referred to was six or so cop cars at Boot Hill five minutes after we left. I heard from the manager at the RV park the next day that what we missed by five minutes was a 69 year old man who wanted a great picture put his neck into a noose on the "hanging tree" at Boot Hill. (how he got up there?????) He fell unconscious and his lady friends couldn't get him down. He was rescued and is in the hospital in stable condition but he came very close to being Boot Hills most recent resident.

No comments: